- Artshow Preview
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Valued Partners
- Become a Partner
- Artist Entries Now Open!
Port Art Exhibition 2018
20th October 2018 to 27th October 2018
The Flour Shed, Harts Mill
Port Adelaide SA 5015
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTERING THE PORT ADELAIDE ART EXHIBITION
20th to 27th October 2018
Rules of Admission
paintings of any type on any medium that can be hung
tapestry and other textile based works
linocuts, screen prints, lithographs, intaglio, and other printmaking techniques that are part of a limited edition series and as such are numbered as 1 of the series, 2 of the series and so-on: (e.g. 1/10; 2/10).
Delivery and Collection
· All accepted artwork must be delivered to the Harts Mill Flour Shed, Mundy Street Port Adelaide on the day/s designated in the schedule in the Art Show website: www.rotaryartshow.org.au
· Unsold paintings must be collected from the Harts Mill Flour Shed, Mundy Street Port Adelaide on the day/s designated in the schedule in the Art Show website: www.rotaryartshow.org.au. No responsibility can be taken for uncollected paintings, which will be forfeited one month after the date of the Exhibition.
· The organisers will not meet delivery charges on return of any paintings.
· The Organisers will exercise all reasonable care in handling the artwork accepted, but will not be responsible for the loss of, or any damage to any works while in the custody of the Organisers. Insurance against damage, fire and theft on individual works whilst in the Organiser's custody or in transit is the Artists responsibility.
· The Organisers will display all accepted entries at the Harts Mill Flour Shed, Mundy Street Port Adelaide.
· The Opening days and times will be as designated in the schedule in the Art Show website: www.rotaryartshow.org.au The Organisers reserve the right to withdraw any work at any time from the Exhibition.
· All accepted artwork will be considered for judging for prizes and awards. Each artwork is only eligible to win in one award category.
· All awards are non-acquisitive unless otherwise stated.
· The Organiser’s and Judges' decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Attending the Show
· An entry fee, as advertised will be charged to enter the Exhibition during Public viewing times, except children 12 and under who will have free entry.
· An entry fee, as advertised, will be charged for entry on opening night.
· Each exhibiting artist will receive one entry pass, for opening night or for use during the public viewing days.
· The Artist appoints the Organisers as his or her agents for all purposes associated with the exhibition and agrees to allow the Organisers to offer all paintings for sale to the public at the price stated by the Artist on the entry form.
· Artists must complete the GST declaration as part of the online entry process. Any applicable GST on the sale of a painting is the Artist's responsibility. All marked prices are to be inclusive of any GST where applicable. Prizes won by Professional Artists who are registered for GST will include the applicable GST amount.
· The Organisers will deduct 25% commission from all painting sales. The Artist will be notified by SMS of a Sale, provided a mobile phone number has been provided. If Artists provide their Bank details as part of their Entry, payment will be paid as soon as the Buyer’s payment has cleared (usually the day following the Sale). If Bank Details are not provided payment is expected to be made within 14 days of the closure of the Exhibition.
The Organisers shall have the right to photograph paintings and publish those photographs for publicity purposes.
Prices of Artworks:
Each Artwork must be available for sale and the following conditions apply:
· Entrants must determine the price and include that price on the Entry Form, which will then be the catalogue price.
· The catalogue price is an authority to the Organisers to display and sell the Artwork at that price.
· No alteration to the catalogue price will be allowed.
Insurance of Artworks
· Entrants are responsible for the insurance of Artworks against Loss or Damage for the entire duration of the Artworks being in the care of the Organisers.
Organiser’s Reservations of Rights:
· The Organisers reserve the right to reject any Artwork
· The Organisers reserve the right to not award a prize in a particular section if, in the opinion of the Judges and the Organisers, no Artwork is of sufficient merit
During the Art Show
· Commencing from the delivery of Artworks to the Art Show and until the conclusion of the Art Show Artworks will remain on Display, whether sold or not.
· No sale will be made by the Entrant except with the approval of an authorised officer of the Art Show.
· Entrants sighting red stickers on the Artwork identification card may check at the sales desk to confirm that the Artwork is sold. No responsibility can be accepted in respect of errors in affixing coloured markers.
· In the event of a dispute arising regarding the interpretation of the Rules and Conditions, the matter will be referred to the Board of the Rotary Club of Port Adelaide and the decision of that Board will be final and binding on all parties.